What are the advantages of planning an independent adoption?
- You decide who will raise your child.
- You can receive adoption-related counseling from a therapist of your choice.
- You will have your own attorney to protect your interests.
- You may be eligible for help with medical and pregnancy-related living expenses.
- You can take comfort by knowing in advance about the adoptive family and the home that will welcome your baby.
- You can have a legally enforceable Adoption Agreement which is approved by the court that grants the adoption.